7.29.2013

Go Confidently

Today I am showing my more whimsical side.  I have been playing with mixed media technique on this card.  Each card is another learning experience.

I started out by applying gesso to watercolor paper.  I then stenciled a 4" swirl pattern randomly using white embossing paste.  I sponged over the dried paste with distress ink with the stencil in place.  I added some more stencil shapes and color sponging on the edges but the background got so busy that I ended up washing over the whole thing with thinned acrylic paint to tone it down.  I spritzed it with water, wiped off over the stenciling and once dry I sanded some of the original color back out.  I used Archival inks to stamp some background designs. The main image is from Crowabout Studio B (Nancy Baumiller). I cut that out, coated it with Judikins Microglaze and then painted with multi medium matte.  I mounted the image plus an extra cut out heart image onto a thin cardboard so it would have some dimension.  I edged the yellow layer with the Distress ink to tie in some color.




Stamps:  Verve-Words of Wisdom set,  Invoke Arts-vine flourish, Savvy- Dot Swirl,  Hero Arts- Cancellation,  Magenta-little triple dot

Embellishment:  Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chit Chat,  Rain Dots-gold

Color:  Paper Artsy Fresco Paints,  Archival Ink- Jet Black, Venetian Orange,  Monarch Orange, Rose Mader,  Tim Holtz -Distress ink Scattered Straw

Tools:  stencils 4" swirl and splatter,  Studio 490  emboss paste,  Judikins Microglaze

Focal Image:  Crowabout Studio B ( Nancy Baumiller- Deviant Scrap)

No comments:

Post a Comment