7.25.2013

Just Be

Welcome to my new blog!  I didn't know if I would come back to "blog land" after discovering inappropriate content within my old blog.  It was a shock.  I deleted my blog immediately.  I have since learned... at least at that point... no one else could see what I was seeing but I was not willing to take a chance.  I have also learned to never ever click on "traffic sources"...no no no.

In the meantime I transformed my studio which I will be happy to share in the coming days.  It was a lot of work but my "happy place" is finally clear and much easier to work in.  I am back to creating {she smiles}.

On to my card today-
I am very much into the trend of using mixed media technique in cardmaking.  As a teenager I enjoyed painting with acrylics on canvas.  It's really fun to create on a much smaller scale.  I applied gesso to a batch of cut down watercolor paper and let it dry overnight.  For this card I used 3 colors of Paper Artsy Fresco paint as a base keeping in mind where the face would be stenciled eventually.  I stenciled the blue diamond pattern and dot lines also with Fresco paint, letting them dry between layers.  I then used black embossing paste through a 4" stencil for the girls face.  Since I did mess up a tiny bit on the left side I used rub-ons to cover and added more around the piece to balance. 
I stamped the golden stars using acrylic paint.  I found a matching flower but altered it a bit with a vintage brad.
I carried the doily theme to the inside. 

Stamps:  Verve Words of Wisdom set, Tim Holtz star strip
Color:  Paper Artsy Fresco Acrylic Paint-snowflake, bora bora, sage, blood orange
            Golden Fluid Acrylic Iridescent Gold Deep, Dick Blick green blue light
Embellishments:  Christy Thomlinson rub-ons, Petaloo Maroon Magnolia Blossom
Tools:  I Stencil- stencil 4" face, Crafter's Workshop diamond 6" stencil, Prima dots stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment