7.27.2013

Smile

I like to join in on card sketch challenges because it is a challenge for me to do a clean and simple card design.  After creating such a busy card yesterday I decided to do this weeks Wednesday Sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.

So this flower piece was ready for the circular file...I had purchased a bunch of Pan Pastels and decided to give them a go.  It's been years since I chalked and was unhappy with what was happening with my chalking.  I had one flower bud color colored - didn't like it so I proceeded to "dot" it as a final frustration doodle before tossing.  Then I thought I might as well finish the piece because maybe I would remember how to chalk again.  I did remember to use my Blair workable fixative between layers and that helped some...but now I had to dot everything to "match".  Naturally this had to be a "smile" card because it's sort of goofy with the dots but it grew on me.



I think the verse on the inside is perfect for the wonkiness of the card.

Stamps:  A Day for Daises- Flower Windows,  Impression Obsession-Word Frames Set,  Fiskars- Laugh With Me Quotes

Specialty Paper:  Graphic 45- Secret Garden (8x8)

Color:  Pan Pastels

Misc:  Judikins Detail Clear Emboss powder, Pentel Clic eraser, Pan Pastel applicator tools

No comments:

Post a Comment