8.02.2013

Friends are Flowers

I wanted to use this Paper Whimsy sweet little gardener girl for my card but was having trouble figuring out a background.  I looked through my stash of Tim Holtz  kraft resist papers and found this postcard one.  I altered it with some acrylic paint, distress ink,  and added some stamping.

I found some black card stock that I had already embossed to create corners with a punch.  The "jack and the beanstalk" flower :) was made with a leaf ribbon and some flower centers.  I used Tim Holtz Kraft core-dinations card stock for the birdie.


While I was stamping the Crafty Secret border on the bottom I made a boo-boo so I "planted" a flower to cover it up.  I stamped all of the words separately...so I could curve the top line and add other color easily.

Stamps:  Stamper's Anonymous- Honey Comb,  The Moon Rose-Distressed Lines,  Flourishes- Inside/Outside You set,  Crafty Secrets-Mini Memories set

Specialty Paper:  Tim Holtz Christmas Memories Kraft Resist 12 x 12   "Postcards"

Color:  Distress Ink-Peeled Paint,  Fresco Acrylic paint- Snowflake,  Archival-Jet Black

Embellishments:  May Arts- Leaf ribbon,  Prima- Flower Centers

Tools:  Savvy- little bird,  Stampin' Up- corner punch,  Martha Stewart-leaves punch

No comments:

Post a Comment