8.08.2013

Warmest Wishes

I had spent a day last week coloring stamped images.  I like to stamp up a batch of new images ... while I still remember what I originally wanted to do with them. Then if I have some ready I can create cards more quickly.  There is some current talk about the "correct" card stocks to use when coloring with Copics.  This image is colored on plain white linen.  I think it's fun to explore many options and find what works for you. 

I decided to use linen for this card because I knew I would need to make a sky background for the birdies.  I like to use chalk on linen...and in this case Pan Pastels...to create quick clouds.  I basically just leave open paper area for the cloud. I started with a pale blue chalk and then add depth with the next deeper tone in the same color family.



Stamps:  Stampendous- Winter Birds,  Hero Arts- Holiday Sayings

Specialty Paper:  Basic Grey Marrakech Collection (6x6)

Embellishment:  Elizabeth Craft Designs- microfine glitter Warm Diamond,  Mark Richards- adhesive clear rhinestones

Color:  Copic markers,  Memento Tuxedo Black ink,  Archival Jet Black ink,  Pan Pastels,  I Kandee chalk (bird cheeks)

Tools:  Memory Box- all die cuts shown,  Punch Bunch- tiny flower

No comments:

Post a Comment