9.07.2013

Thinking of You Birthday

We are celebrating my son-in-law's birthday tomorrow.  I have been wanting to try the new Pom Pom tree dies and thought maybe I could make a birthday card using them.  Julio is an outdoor person and loves nature.  He's originally from Colorado and has spent countless hours exploring the back-country of the beautiful Rockies.

This tree is a combination of both sets of Pom Pom trees.  One set had a shorter tree with oval "poms" and the other had a taller and smaller tree with roundish "poms".  I'm not sure if I made this tree correctly but I was going for "texture".


I cut out the "poms" by placing the dies randomly on a fall colors background paper. 


I used a pretty leaf printed card stock for the card base.  I'm not sure where I got it from as I found it in my "browns" when I sorted my card stock during my stamp studio redo.  This card also fits the current sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

Stamps:  Hero Arts-Thinking of You set,  Papertrey Ink -inside/outside Birthday II

Specialty Paper:  BoBunny- Autumn Song Collection 6x6

Ink:  Archival Jet Black

Tools:  A Cut Above- Dee's Distinctively Pom Pom Trees set 1 & 2,  EK Success- heart punch,  McGill- embossing foam mat & 6mm ball stylus


No comments:

Post a Comment