11.11.2013

A Merry Little Christmas Now

Finally... I finished a Christmas card!  I have been working on bits and pieces of this and that in preparation for holiday card making.  This card was a result of seeing a tip about problems cutting with intricate dies.  I have a collection of these pretty doily dies from CheeryLynn.  I had never been able to get even one doily out of the die without ruining it.  I tried the tip of placing a piece of wax paper on the die first and then my card stock before running through the die cut machine. Voila! Yes!!! 

I can also hardly believe that this is a one layer card :)  I "splashed" some Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist on the background paper and sponged distress inks on the edges.  The sweet vintage angel is from a digital set called "Angels Christmas" created by Pink Lotty Designs.  It is available at Deviant Scrap.  She is fussy cut and double mounted by using a duplicate of the image.  The image in the center of the doily is cut from a portion of a beautiful line of scrapbook papers from a company called Pion.  They are available at Frantic Stamper.



I used the fabulous Zig Wink of Stella brush glitter on the wings and candle flame.  I altered the metal flower by removing the rhinestone center and replacing it with the more "pearly" looking half dome embellishment.  I know I got those embellishments from Hero Arts but not sure what they're called.


The card stock weight label stickers I had worked perfectly for my sentiments.  I used a "powder duster" for embossing to remove the sticky from the back of the labels.

Stamps:   Paper Trey Ink- Happiest if Holidays set

Specialty Paper:   BoBunny-Snowfall 6x6,  DCWV-Weathered Aspect 6x6,  Pion- Silent Night Church

Inks:   Archival Jet Black, Distress Inks-Old Paper, Antique Linen, Broken China

Tools:   Cheery Lynn-Nautical Wheeler Doily die,  MFT-fishtail die,  Martha Stewart-pine branch punch

Embellishment:   October Afternoon- "Watering Can" label stickers 

1 comment: