11.27.2013

Memories of Christmas

I've had the idea for this card in my head ever since I brought out my Christmas "stuff" to play with.  I keep all of my bits and pieces from previous years die cutting, incomplete holiday card ideas, stamped images, and left over seasonal paper scraps in a container to use as a trigger for new holiday cards.  Sometimes what I've previously done just needs that special something and now it matches up with a newer product. 

My goal with this card was to get the look of a vintage Christmas scrap book.  The featured image of the little boy was my creativity trigger.  He is from Tumblefish Studio- an image set called Winter Junque.  I started the card by gathering up some of my favorite Christmas die shapes & embellishments and cut out some other holiday images.  I used some pierced stax dies from My Favorite things to add interest to the post cards.  I had just received the "memories" die in the midst of making this card.  I used crackle paint and distress ink on it and the "dove" die.  I loved the cute falala long stamp which was also new and used it on the outside and inside. I don't know what the Paper Trey Ink curved border die is called as I write this but I have been reaching for that two piece set quite often this year. This card is 6" x 6"




Stamps:   Kelly Purkey- Tis the Season set, Paper Trey Ink- Holiday Think Big Favorites,  Tim Holtz-  Vintage Label

Specialty Paper:   October Afternoon- Holiday Style 8x8,  Graphic 45- Christmas Emporium and Christmas Past 8x8,  DCWV- Weathered Aspect 6x6  plus misc. paper scraps

Embellishments:   Basic Grey- Metal Studs (stars),  Petaloo- mini red poinsettias,  Crafty Secrets- Heartwarming Christmas Images and Journal Notes pad,  Darice Tinsel Stems

Inks:   Distress Inks- Antique Linen, Tea Dye,  Archival- Sienna, Coffee

Tools:   Sizzix/Tim Holtz- mini snowflakes, deer, "25" dies,  Impression Obsession- pine trees dies,  MFT- December Memories dies & rectangle pierced stax dies,  Martha Stewart- pine branch punch

Misc:   Picket Fence crackle paint,  Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen,  Scrapbook Adhesive- 3D foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment