11.18.2013

Warm Winter Wishes

I haven't paper pieced in awhile.  I found a challenge on Splitcoast last week that features paper piecing so I decided to give it a go with this sweet snowman stamp.  I stuck with one paper collection for this card which is unusual for me but I thought the colors were pretty unique.  I also used the pierced stax dies from My Favorite Things because right now they actually are "my favorite things".  I flicked some White Linen Dylusions ink spray onto the background before piecing.

I made my snow guy as frosty as possible by using Zig Wink of Stella glitter and a cooler toned glitter for his nose and hat.  I added a piece of washi tape to a patterned paper border and used a square punch to make the "fish tails".


 I used Enamel Accents on his buttons and eyes.  I had a little application "blow-out" on one eye so the eyes are bigger than they would be if stamped normally.  To me they looked even more like lumps of coal...so I will just embrace my screw up ;)

Stamps:   MFT- Trim The Branches Snowman and Seasonal Sentiments,  Paper Trey Ink- Stocking Prints set ( "Warm Winter Wishes")

Specialty Paper:   Authentique Glistening Collection 6x6

Tools:   MFT Pierced Stax squares and rectangles,  square punch,  Simon Says snowflake die

Embellishment:  Glitter Ritz microfine glitter- Cool Highlight

No comments:

Post a Comment