12.06.2013

Holly Berry Birdies

This is another of my older Christmas stamps that needed some "love".  I embossed the design on matte black card stock using black pigment ink and clear emboss powder.  I did a double bleaching where I brush over all of the design with bleach...heat with a heat tool...and then just add bleach and reheat areas where I want  highlights.  I added a little red Copic marker on the berries but the rest is Prisma color pencil.

I have been fighting "gloom" to take pictures so this one is a bit washed out due to using an Ott light for a light source. I kept the card design simple as it will be mailed to a relative.


I tried to show the subtle sparkle of the glitter paper I used for a background layer.  These beautiful papers are the kind you would rather hang on to than use but I'm trying to be good and use those things that usually end up just making my paper storage look pretty ;)  This card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4".

Stamps:   Magenta- Holly Birds,  Paper Trey Ink- Tis the Season Sentiments & Confetti Garland Borders (dot heart),  Just Rite- Winter Words (xoxo),  Pink Paislee Snow Village- "Joy"

Specialty Paper:   Pink Paislee- Cottage Farms,  DCWV- Glitzy Glitter Stack 6x6

Tools:   MFT- Stax Pierced Rectangles,  EK Success heart punches,  misc. snowflake dies

Inks:   Colorbox Black Pigment ink,  Archival Jet Black


No comments:

Post a Comment