3.16.2014

Believe (You can Fly)

I learn a little something from almost every card I make.  For this card I worked with some products that I normally wouldn't use on lighter weight card stock or thinner papers.  I started with the fairy image which was printed on Epson ultra premium card stock.  I wanted to add a little depth to the image so I used Berol Prisma color pencils to make some enhancements to the hair, face, wings and dress.  Once done- the shine of the color pencil which was only applied in small areas looked odd against the matte paper so I used a coating of Judikins MicroGlaze to even it out. Then I added a thin coating of matte multi medium to further protect the image quality.  For the background I white washed a piece of Graphic 45 paper with Fresco Chalk Finish paint with a "dry" brush ...drying quickly with a heat gun.  I wanted to push the pattern of the paper behind the main image so it wouldn't compete so much.  I used a spatter stamp with other Fresco paint colors to start a background of "fairy sprinkles".  



What I found in my experimenting on this card is that a "light hand" and a ready heat gun does work wonders when using mixed media materials on thinner papers.  I did inadvertently end up backing the main piece onto another piece of card stock but only because I made an oopsie when layering. I didn't have a big problem with warping.
I forgot to check for the source of the fairy image and will be back to correct that asap.

Stamps:   Verve- Wings of Love set,  Hampton Art- spatter,  Memory Box- Leaf Print Butterfly

Specialty Paper:   Graphic 45- Botanical Tea Collection 8x8,  Doodlebug- Kraft in Color-Color Collection 6x6 (background for banner die)

Color:   Archival- Jet Black & Sap Green,  Fresco Chalk Finish acrylic paint- Chalk & Very Berry,  Distress Ink- Antique Linen and Vintage Sepia,  Viva Glitter Pen- Hologram

Embellishment:   Recollections Epoxy Dots- Pastel

Tools:   Simon Says Stamp- Ribbon Banner die,  Cuttlebug- Anna Griffin "Rosa" embossing folder




No comments:

Post a Comment