3.01.2014

Follow Your Dreams

Hello! from inside the "polar vortex".  I have been enjoying quality time spiffing up my studio and working on my annual re-sort of my "stuff" so that I can shop it better when I am working on projects.  This helps a bit with the cabin fever that inevitably comes when you are encased in snow & ice. This is a lovely view of my home nested in snow. 

...and my birds...I can't imagine on difficult this extreme weather is for them especially when hiding from the hawk who's been chasing them daily.

I do have a card today :)  My granddaughter Sierra is graduating high school this spring and then leaving the nest for collage in Colorado.  I needed to make a special going away card for her. 

I wanted to play with a technique I had seen where you hand color embossing folder images.  I used Strathmore Mixed Media paper to emboss an Anna Griffin embossing folder called Aviary.  I tried Copic markers to color the raised portions of the design.  This paper took the Copic markers well...blending was easy.  I also liked that it didn't spread too much from the embossed pattern.  The Copic blender did a good job removing excess.



 Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Framed out #5,  Impression Obsession- Joy In The Journey

Specialty Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink-Bitty Box Basics 8x8,

Color:   Copic markers,  Berol Prisma color pencils for accent

Ink:   Archival- Jet Black

Tools:   Memory Box-  Primo Labels dies ,  Cheery Lynn-  Fanciful Flourish die,  Poppy Stamps- Nestled Bird die,  Martha Stewart-  Lace border punch,  Spellbinder-  Rectangles



No comments:

Post a Comment