3.30.2014

Hi It's Your Birthday

While I still had all of my markers rolling around on my coloring table I thought I would have a go at the beautiful Papertrey Ink tulips.  I made quite a mess on this card as I was watercoloring...odd splotches of paint all over.  I went over the splotches with a wet paintbrush and just kept a damp white cotton towel hand to wipe away run-a-way paint.  I know it's supposed to be more freeing to watercolor but as you can see not too much out of the lines for me.  I will have to work on that ;)  One thing that has helped me when I'm watercoloring is to keep my Ranger heat tool right next to me when I'm working.
Drying the painting once in awhile lets me see more accurately what the color is doing. 




 card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Friendship Jar Spring Fillers set,  Avery Elle- Handwritten Notes set

Specialty Paper:   Echo Park- Dots & Stripes 6x6,  Doodlebug Design- Kraft in Color-Color 6x6, Paperetrey Ink-Bitty Box Basics 8x8

Embellishment:   October Afternoon- Daily Flash Tin Pins

Ink:   Archival Jet Black,  Distress Markers- Barn Door, Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Zig Wink of Stella-clear

Tools:   Papertrey Ink- Gracious Vases dies, Memory Box- Dancing Tulips die

No comments:

Post a Comment