3.19.2014

The Little Things

I love "happy accidents".  My card today has sort of an unusual focal image.  When I saw these Prima Everyday Vintage Paintables online I thought they would be pretty for Project Life page enhancements.  When I received them I saw they were made of a watercolor type of paper.  I intended to actually try watercolor on them but tried Copic markers first on this pretty little glass of flowers.  The Copics worked beautifully and blended well.  The package contains 16 pieces of "paintable" cards including  3 x 4" designs such as this one is and 4x6" designs which are mostly postcard type backgrounds.  I know...totally cheating right? ...but they look so pretty colored ;)






I have shown what the paintables look like prior to coloring.   I used Copics to add a color border around the piece on the card. I also altered a hatpin embellishment that I had by removing the sparkly pink stone that was on it and replacing with a Hero Arts Hero Hues light lavender pearl.  I tried for a long time to make a bow so this was my final act of desperation to add some interest to the simply tied ribbon.

Stamps:   My Favorite Things-Own Your Story set

Focal Image:   Prima Everyday Vintage Paintables Collection Four (available at Scrapbook.com etc)

Copics:   BV00, BV02, BV04, BV11, V15, BG13, B000, G00, G21, G24, Y04, Y15

Specialty Paper:   Maja Designs-  Vintage Summer Basics (6x6)  and Life in the Country 

Misc:   Zig Wink of Stella glitter brush marker (clear)

No comments:

Post a Comment