4.09.2014

Celebrating You

It is that time of the year with graduations coming soon.  I had already made a high school grad card for my granddaughter Sierra.  Now I have my daughter's card finished.  She is graduating from college in a just a few short weeks.I am so proud of her :))  I needed something a bit special and unique- just like her- so why not the rare spotted pink owl??? perfect!!!  Owls have a lot of meaning within the Dakotah culture.  This one is just a flamboyant and joyful deliverer of good wishes having brought along a special dream catcher to catch and hold all of those good wishes, dreams, and love.




 card size: 7" x 5"

I didn't use watercolor paper for this card as I didn't know what I would be using for color but it was a pretty heavy cardstock so it worked.  The subtle spots on the owl were made by using a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pen in white.  One thing cool about this India ink pen is that once dry it acts as a resist to watercolored inks applied over it so might be useful for "special effects" on backgrounds and for added texture.The bright white dots are from my new favorite Uni Posa white paint pen in a fine point.
I really love this clear stamp set which contains a large butterfly, dragonfly and another adorable big eyed owl. The stamps are huge!  Hopefully they still make this one...not sure.

Stamps:   Tattered Angels Screen Prints- Nature Graceful Journey,  Papertrey Ink- Signature Greetings

Specialty Paper:   Echo Park- Dots & Stripes 6x6, Vellum- pale blue

Embellishments:   Prima Anna Marie Sugar Dots (hearts),  Teresa Collins- You Are My Happy Enamel Shapes (pink dot inside),  Doodlebug Design- Sprinkles Lily White, Impress- clear dot

Inks:   Archival Jet Black, Distress Markers

Tools:   Taylored Expressions- Dream Catcher (front), Cheery Lynn- dream catcher #2





No comments:

Post a Comment