5.02.2014

Blue Skies Are Coming

After several days of rain, thunder, drizzle, wet snowflakes...more drizzle and more rain...there was a short opportunity for the sun to remind me that it is indeed Spring.  I have been waiting to try these new Memory Box trees.  While playing with an acrylic paint background technique I could see that one of the pastel backgrounds that I had made would work with these dies.  I will show step by step for this simple technique soon as I have another card coming using this type of background. I saw the technique used on Splitcoast Stampers so I want to have all proper credits for the technique in that post.







card size: 6" x 5"

I love the variety in the tree sizes and shapes. It won't be too long before our crab apple trees bloom...I guess that's what was on my mind when I made these.

Stamps:   Clearly Besotted- Tag Along(words), Verve- Blue Skies

Specialty Paper:   Ellen Hutson- Embossed Woodgrain cardstock white

Inks/Color:   Tim Holtz Distress Paint- Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, Ranger Perfect Pearls- Biscotti, Archival Jet Black inkpad

Tools:   Memory Box- Allesandra Tree, Cosenza Tree Border dies, Impression Obsession- Banners dies, Mama Elephant- Landscape Trio borders dies, Lawn Fawn- Spring Showers dies, Paper Smooches- Cloud dies

No comments:

Post a Comment