5.07.2014

Color Pop Birthday

This card is a bit outside of my comfort zone...but I like it.  It started out as a mistake correction.  I had muddied my mini Distress Ink pads and swiped them on a piece of water color paper to clear the mud.  I sort of liked the color combo so I spritzed the cardstock rather heavily with water and just left it to dry.  The watercolor paper was pretty warped so I decided to use a piece of it as a floral background die cut.  What I like is the ombre effect on the petals.  I'm sort of in a "boho" phase right now so mixed some patterns again to create a bright and cheerful birthday card.





card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Paper Smooches- Sentiment Sampler

Specialty Paper:   DoodleBug Design- Kraft In Color: Color 6x6 

Embellishments:   Cloud 9 Design- Rain Dots

Tools:   Memory Box Dies- Lovely Peony (flower) & Lovely Aster (leaves), Taylored Expressions- Banner Stacklets #1, MFT DieNamics- Simply Scallops

Inks:  Archival Jet Black, Distress Inks- Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw

No comments:

Post a Comment