5.12.2014

Jingle Dancer

Well...I have finally broken the ice.  While on the hunt for a certain stamp image I discovered that it was a digital "stamp".  I love Mo Manning's rubber stamps and have never tried her digital designs.  I found this Jingle Dancer image which instantly melted my heart. My younger granddaughter is a jingle dancer while my older granddaughter prefers traditional shawl dancing.  Native American designs that are not cartoon characters are far and few between.  This little girl is very authentic in detail. Sweet!






card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"

I had no natural light today so am trying "plan B". For this card I printed the image on my Epson Artisan 810 printer using the Epson cardstock. I had no trouble with the printed image smearing but I used mostly color pencil with touches of Copic for blending.  I will not use that cardstock again as it is very "clingy" for color pencil. Any loose waxy bits of color pencil stuck to the cardstock and I had to use an adhesive eraser and a mini exacto to remove it. I will definitely experiment with digis some more but prefer my rubber stamps no doubt. This image would have been fun to watercolor.

Stamps:   Flourishes- Just My Type set,  Mo's Digital Pencil- Jingle Dancer line drawing

Color:   Berol Prisma Color Pencil,  Copic Markers,  Zig Wink of Stella clear glitter marker

Tools:   Lil Inkers- Stitched Layers dies

No comments:

Post a Comment