5.09.2014

She Sells Seashells

While I was in watercolor mode I thought I would try water-coloring this Tim Holtz Blueprint design.  I used a mostly wet on wet technique with some drying between layers. To create a highlight on the shell I lifted off some damp color with a piece of cotton towel.  I used my imagination to figure out colors for the shell as I'm not a shell expert.  I did some water flicking to imitate bubbles. My goal was to have a happy South Beach color vibe to the card. And of course... the shell was liberally slathered with clear Wink of Stella glitter. 





card size: 5 x 7"

Stamps:   Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz- Nautical Blueprints,  Avery Elle- Oh Happy Day,  My Favorite Things- Chalkboard Greetings

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Watercolor Paper,  Prima- Fairy Rhymes A4 paper pad

Ink/Color:   Versamark Ink,  Hero Arts- White Emboss Powder,  Distress Markers and Mini Distress Ink pads,  Zig Wink of Stella- clear glitter brush marker

Tools:   Cheery Lynn- Sand Dollar & Starfish dies, 



1 comment:

  1. Lovely stamp choice and your colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete