5.03.2014

Step Out: Stamping with Distress Paints & Emboss Folders

This is my first attempt at "step by step". Well all I can say is that I will get better at this...I hope.  I took lots of pictures but managed to miss a step in each series of samples that I did.  What I think will be easiest for me is to list the steps which really are simple and then show the pics.

#1  Assemble what is needed for this project: Variety of embossing folders, Distress Paints, water sprayer, Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists- Biscotti or other glimmer type sprays.

#2  Open the embossing folder. You will be using the inside of the front cover of the embossing folder. Keep open on a flat surface. Daub or smoosh distress paint randomly over the design.  You can do as large or small an area as you like...with 2-3 colors of paint.  Adding a little metallic distress paint can be pretty too.

#3  Spritz the paint with water and/or Perfect Pearls Biscotti until it's juicy and the paints are beginning to co-mingle.  Sometimes I move the folder a little to cause some running of color.

#4  Lay watercolor color paper over the folder and gently rub lightly over with your fingers. I like using the rough side of the watercolor paper for this.  Gently lift off.

#5  This piece will be pretty wet.  If you like "drippage" you can do that now ( I have a picture of that shown) or prepare to dry either by air or with a heat tool.  I personally think air dry looks better but all of my samples shown here are heat set.

#6  If you have enough paint left on the folder you can get another print. I usually add more Perfect Pearls.  Have fun!!! It's addicting.









 I mentioned in my previous post who inspired me to do this technique.  Please visit Snippets for more info. I also wanted to mention that you can use Distress Inks for this instead of the paint. I haven't tried that yet. There isn't really a rule about what side of the folder you use as it can depend on the design itself. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment