5.27.2014

Travelin' Birthday Boy

I needed a boy style  birthday card...well actually this was going to be for my husband. My husband is a world traveler and especially enjoys hiking and climbing trips. Well he happened to sneak up come into my stamp studio mid-process and asked me if this card was for my grandson.  The worst of that was when he then proceeded to lecture me that the card was too "young" for said 15 year old grandson. Oh Snap!...So I kind of agree and disagree. I personally receive cards which feature children delivering the "message".  I love them! ...but I guess this saved me from giving my husband a card that he wouldn't really "get". I will be going back to the drawing board and probably delving into my beloved "Mr. Tim" stamps to create a suitably grungy, worldly and adult- Traveling Man Birthday card :)




card size: 5" x 7"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Explorer, Stamper's Anonymous/Tim Holtz- Simple Sayings Set & Hash Tags set

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Abroad Collection 6x6

Ink:   Distress Inks pads and markers- Scattered Straw, Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Frayed Burlap, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen, Festive Berries   Wink of Stella-brush glitter Clear

Tools:   Kelly Purkey-Phone die set (locator) , Cheery Lynn- Ships Compass die, Poppy Stamps- Classic Ribbons die, Little b- Block Out word dies



No comments:

Post a Comment