5.15.2014

You Make Me Smile

I can't believe that I got this Online Card Class Watercolor homework  "assignment" done.
It's a bit on the bright side but I was also trying to work in a color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I stamped the floral image with Antique Linen Distress ink. This gave me a light outline to follow when water-coloring. I was frankly terrified to try this but I gained confidence after watching the how-to videos. This is making me look at my stamps in a whole new way. I should have made some sort of watercolor background but maybe next time I will not be so panicky to do that :)





card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4

Stamps:   Penny Black- Dahlia Dance,  Verve- Blue Skies set

Specialty Paper:   Ranger- Watercolor paper, Doodlebug Designs- Kraft In Color-Color 6x6, 

Embellishment:   Doodlebug- Mini Pearls

Ink:   Distress Inks- Antique Linen, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers

Tools:   Cheery Lynn-Double Scallop Border die, Spellbinders- Circle dies

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! Love the vibrancy of the yellow!

    ReplyDelete