8.23.2014

Happy Owl-O-ween

I recently bought a couple of products I had never tried before.  The one I am showing today is called Brusho which is a crystallized watercolor. I found Brusho at Dick Blicks. The other which I will show soon is Bister which is also a dry form of concentrated watercolor.  This was my first attempt at a Brusho background.  I taped down watercolor paper and wet it with a wide brush. I lightly sprinkled on random tiny bits of the watercolor crystals.  I then sprayed a little more water on and let the piece dry overnight. When I looked at it in the morning it reminded me of a fall sky at dusk. I knew I needed a silhouette type of stamp and thought the Stampotique owls would be perfect. I stamped them with black pigment ink but my ink pad was a little dry.  I located one rather odd color of embossing powder in my stash which was black and gold. When you turn the card one way the owls are gold...the other way black.  The embossing powder left a gold dust halo around the images with tiny dots of black but not too bad for a "spooky" card.



card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stampotique- Owls on a Branch, Memory Box- "Boo",  Tim Holtz- Half Tone Halloween(owl and moon), Impress Rubber Stamps- "Happy Owl-oween"

Specialty Paper:   Echo Park Simple Life,  Ranger Watercolor paper

Coloring/Ink:   Archival Jet Black,  Colorbox Black pigment ink, Distress Ink- Scattered Straw, Uni Posca- White fine tip paint pen,  Colourcraft Brusho-  Vermillion, Orange, Cobalt, Light Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment