10.26.2014

Believe in Pink

I love using pink on Christmas cards.  I had the urge to make a pink reindeer.  After a little trial and error I accomplished my mission.  I save all of the thin cardboard or book board (?) that I receive in packing materials.  When using the Sizzix steel dies this material cuts easily.  So instead of cutting out multiple pieces in card stock I have the height I need in one die cut.  I then cut a pretty piece of patterned paper and layered that over the die cut.  I went around the edges as best I could to sand a white distressed edge on the reindeer.  During my trial and error in creating this reindeer my main trouble was matching the reindeer to the paper.  I ended up with a couple of unusable reindeer that were painted and/or embossed.  So my take away from making this card was...use paper from the same paper collection to match. ;)




card size:  7" x 5"

Specialty Paper:   BoBunny Candy Lane Collection 6 x 6

Ink/Color:   Golden Fluid Acrylics- Iridescent Gold Deep (fine)

Embellishments:   Making Memories Shimmer Alpha Cheeky White,  Simon Says Stamp Sequins

Tools:   Sizzix Tim Holtz- Prancing Reindeer steel die,  Lawn Fawn Borders Stitched Hillside dies

No comments:

Post a Comment