10.26.2014

Focus on You

I am here again today with a Hope You Can Cling To challenge card.  The challenge is called "Bokeh De Boppitty Boo".  You needed to create a bokeh background.  I chose to do a monochromatic white bokeh effect to resemble light.  Another first time technique for me and a fairly quick and easy card once I discovered that sponging pigment ink through my own homemade stencil would simplify things greatly.  I used a variety of circle dies on a heavy weight acetate sheet. In order to achieve a monochromatic bokeh look you need to vary the intensity of the dots directly in relation to their size so it's just not possible to "stamp and go".  I think I would also like to try the colored "bokeh style" with dye inks and solid circle stamps.




card size:  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   My Favorite Things Bokeh Builder- Focus word phrase only

Ink/Color:   Dr Ph Martins Hydrus Watercolor,  Avery Elle- Pure White Pigment Ink,  Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder

Tools:   Spellbinders variety of circles dies,  My Favorite Things Gerbera Daisy dies- circles only

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Watercolor paper,  Heavy Weight Vellum

No comments:

Post a Comment