10.18.2014

The Amazing Technicolor Pear

Today I made this card for the weekly Wednesday Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I used a piece of background paper that I made using the acrylic paints and emboss folder technique.  For those that don't know the technique I just daub various acrylic Distress paints onto an embossing folder and then spray with Biscotti Perfect Pearl spray.  I then lay a piece of watercolor paper over the design and lightly press down all around.  I can usually get two "printings" from one daubing( after re- spraying) if that makes sense :)  I rather like my pear of many colors. That is "creative adaption" at work so that my image may or may not match the background in the end.  I have to say that I love the Silks "Ice" acrylic glaze that I used on the pears.  I would rank it above the Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen which is saying a lot since I love that product too. The words on the inside are from a new company to me...love the pretty font.






card size:  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stamper's Anonymous- Pears/Poire,  Reverse Confetti- In A Big Way (inside words)

Color/Ink:   Distress Markers,  Distress Paints,  Silks Acrylic Glaze- Ice,  Perfect Pearls Spray- Biscotti
Archival Jet Black ink

Embellishment:   Hero Hues Pearls & Gems Asst.-Floral

No comments:

Post a Comment