11.15.2014

A Festive Noel

This is a whimsical card featuring one of the Hero Arts bottle brush trees from the Family & Friends set.  I used Festive Berries Distress inks to color wash a couple pieces of Ranger watercolor paper and allowed them to air dry.  I used Hero Arts white embossing powder to stamp on a dry water colored piece and then trimmed around it with my scissors.  I then used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue down a variety of sequins.  In the meantime I had stamped and white embossed the packages from an Essentials by Ellen set all over a piece of water color card stock.  I washed a variety of colors over them.  I ended up choosing the green packages only to use on this card.  I used foam tape to pop up the tree and one of the packages. 




  card size:  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"    A2

Stamps:   Hero Arts - Family & Friends(tree),  Essentials by Ellen Christmas Scribbles(packages),  Waltzing Mouse- Compliments of the Season Two(words)

Specialty Paper:   BoBunny Double Dot Designs Soft Shades 6x6

Ink/Color:  Distress Inks,  VersaMark ink,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Embellishments:   Lawn Fawn- Mixed Sequins,  Pretty Pink Posh Sequins (rose and moss),  Simon Says Stamp- Crystal reflections Sequins

Edited to Add:  I am entering this card in the Tree-Mendous Tree Challenge at the Moxie Fab World.
                         There is still time- Nov. 30th- for you to  enter the contest with your own creation!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the non traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Sure love the color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete