11.25.2014

Memories of the Season

I made this card for a Splitcoast Stampers challange:  Try a New Technique  "Layered Die Cuts".  I have seen a lot of cards lately using the technique of stacking multiple layers of card stock to get a thicker embellishment.  I used three layers of white card stock and then topped it off with a layer of antique gold text weight paper.  It wasn't easy.  I was surprised that it was so hard for me to glue the layers perfectly in line.  For this card that was passable because I didn't mind the double color effect but I need to work on my stacking/gluing skills.




card size:  6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"  A6

 
Stamps:   Stamp Francisco- Vintage Winter Girl,  Papertrey Ink- Think Big Favorites #21

Specialty Paper:   Basic Grey- Jovial 6x6,  Antique Gold Text Weight

Ink/Color:   Copic Markers,  Memento Tuxedo Black ink

Dies:   My Favorite Things- December Memories,  Spellbinder- Ovals

Embellishments:   Hero Arts- Smooth Clear Gemstones,  Memory Box- Christmas Jewels,  Pretty Pink Posh- Gold Sequin

No comments:

Post a Comment