11.21.2014

Poinsettia Wishes

This card features a piece that I had water-colored.  I wasn't too happy with the end result so I set it aside.  I watched a video on You Tube where the person showed how to shade a poinsettia with Copics and then made the "veins" in the poinsettia as a final touch.  Even though I had water colored I used a Copic marker to make the veins on my poinsettia.  It seemed to help the overall look of the flower and tied together some of the rather too dark watercolor shading I had used.  I made the corner embellishment on the card by running the same kind of card stock as my background through a dotted embossing folder.  I cut off two corners of the embossed piece and adhered them down.  The die cut is rather large so I cut pieces of it and tucked around the flower as a frame.




card size:  5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"    A2

Stamps:   Hero Arts- Peace Poinsettias,  Papertrey Ink- Signature Christmas

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  VersaMark ink,  Ranger Queens Gold Embossing Powder,  Delicata- Golden Glitz Pigment Ink

Dies:   Taylored Expressions- Curly Swirlies

Misc:   Sizzix Embossing Folder- Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment