11.07.2014

Tis the Season

I was doing some sorting today and ran across this candle die in my to do area.  I cut it out using some light metallic gold card stock.  I then spotted a piece of watercolor paper that I had done a fun watercolor technique on earlier this year...yes...I save all of my artsy bits for future consideration.  This technique involved using the mini distress pads which I "stamped" across an acrylic block in various colors thinking that maybe I was creating a sunset effect. I then spritzed the block with water and laid my watercolor paper over.  I let it dry on it's own.  It ended up having some ugly spots of muddied color but there was just enough left to cut the candles out of. I used a new embossing powder from Ranger called Enchanted Gold.  It had somewhat of a learning curve.  I quickly figured out that bolder stamps worked better as it has an abundance of glitter to embossing powder ratio.  The glittery effect is really pretty- full of reds and greens- which I was unable to photograph under my lighting. 




card size:  5 1/2 x 4 1/4    A2

Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Big & Bold Holiday Wishes

Specialty Paper:  Webster's Petite Pages Combo Pack-Waiting For Santa & Sweet Season

Ink/Color:   Distress Mini Ink Pads,  Versamark Ink,  Ranger Enchanted Gold Embossing Powder

Dies:   Memory Box Pillar Candle Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment