12.01.2014

Peaceful Snow

Sometimes I need to push myself out of my comfort zone and try  something new.  I need more masculine cards so I figured this would be a good time to try a winter water-color scene and the 3-D word die technique.  This was the only background that made it through the process today.  I stamped the pine trees using Distress Ink and moved the color around a bit with a damp/wet brush.  As I look at this scene I see so much "weird" and not exactly right stuff going on...but I like the mood of the scene and the sky especially.  I am glad that I tried. 
I die cut the peace word right from the water color panel.  I saved all of the little bits.  I stacked 4 plain white pieces and added the one from the water color panel last.  I backed the watercolor panel with white card stock with extra tape adhesive running under where the word die would be. I replaced the thick chunky peace word in the space. Using a pick up stick I managed to get the tiny little pieces and prod them into place.  To top it off this card is one...I repeat one layer!!!  I didn't think that was humanly possible for me.  I did it!  I will add this to the Clean & Simple  gallery at Splitcoast Stampers where the challenge is "Add a Tree(s)"




card size:   5 1/2"  x 4 1/4"    A2

Stamps:   Memory Box- Forest Pine lg. & sm.,  Papertrey Ink-  Holiday Wishes

Ink/Color:   Dr PH Martin Hydrus Watercolors,  Distress Ink pads,  Acrylic Paint- white chalk,  Masking Fluid

Dies:   Essentials By Ellen- Brushstroke Peace,  Impression Obsession- Sm.Pines trio,  Memory Box- Resting Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment