12.02.2014

Twilight Snow

I found one more watercolor panel when I was cleaning up yesterdays mess that I had dotted with masking fluid so I decided to try a different color combo on a snow scene.  The middle of the scene was kind of unexpected as I was so careful to place color here and there and when... woosh... there it went when I spritzed the trees with a light mist of water. All the colors jumbled together. I know what is said about the dreaded yellow snow but I wonder what would be said about snow of a cotton candy color mixture h-m-m-m-m.




card size:  5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"   A2

Stamps:   Penny Black-Prancers set (trees),  Papertrey Ink- Holiday Wishes

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  masking fluid,  Fresco- Chalk White Acrylic paint,  Archival Jet Black ink

Dies:   Simon Says Fun Flakes die asst.



3 comments:

  1. Wish there was a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. I learned how to do this snow scene from a tutorial that is posted on Splitcoast Stampers by Heather Telford. It is also available as a video on YouTube under the Splitcoaststampers channel and titled "Falling Snow Scene"on bothe the tutorial and youtube video. Heather also has a beautiful blog"Bits and Pieces" at www.cards.heathertelford.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely breathtaking. I am finally getting a chance to check out your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete