2.24.2015

A Single Step

The colors for the Splitcoast Color Challenge were so yummy this week I decided to play along.  I recently received a new stamp set created by Dina Wakley and it is awesome to play with.  I embossed the image with white embossing powder onto water color paper.  I then taped it down onto a board.  I made a puddle of water around the image and began to drop in Distress Inks with a loaded paint brush until I achieved the mixing I was looking for.  I left the piece to air dry as magical blending sometimes happens when the color is left to dry naturally. I then added more color in the "wordy" part of the image and speckled with Distress Ink Black Soot to finish it off.





card size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Dina Wakley- Silhouetted Women,  Penny Black- Heartfelt

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper

Color/Ink:   Distress Inks- Seedless Preserves, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass,  Black Soot Archival Jet Black, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting cards. I like your techniques and coloring.

    ReplyDelete