2.27.2015

Blue Skies

I'm still "crushing" on those colors featured this week in the Color Challenge over at Splitcoast. I decided to feature them on this beautiful Prickly Pear Cactus image even though I just don't think I have ever seen blooming cactus this color...but why not? ;)
I do recall several times I have been lucky enough to see the spring bloom in the desert. It is awesome though gone far to quickly.  I water colored this image with Distress Ink using the exact same inks as I used previously for the color challenge earlier this week. I added a little Spiced Marmalade for the bloom centers. Now that I have faced my anxiety for coloring cactus I will be happy to use this image a lot...I love it!




card size:   A7   5" x 7"

Stamps:   Impression Obsession- Prickly Pear Large, MFT- Blue Skies Ahead set

Color/Ink:   Distress Inks,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Taylored Expressions- Skinny Mini Borders 2

No comments:

Post a Comment