2.28.2015

Brighter Days

I made a clean and simple card today.  My stamp room has reached "critical mass" which simply means no more work can be done until it's picked up. Usually when I start doing that clean up I end up making a quick card from all the pieces that are still on top of the pile.  This card features an image from Digital Two For Tuesday which is a site which offers free digital images of vintage line drawings taken from old catalogs etc.  They have lovely old flower drawings as well as nice fashion images.  I had this one colored up and awaiting being fitted to a card.  I happened to have this bright background paper out which I had used recently and it just happened to match.  I love using diagonal stripe papers to frame a main image.  This one has a rainbow peeking all around. I didn't spend a lot of time on the coloring which means I was just coloring and not thinking about it too much.




card size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Mama Elephant-Many Thanks(inside phrase),  MFT- You Were Meant To Sparkle set

Specialty Paper:   Taylored Expressions- Rainbow Brights

Dies:   Simon Says Stamp Thought Bubbles

Color/Ink:   Copic Markers, Archival Jet Black Ink

3 comments:

  1. I love your work! Today's card speaks to me. Thanks for the Two for Tuesday tip: this is huge! Do you happen to know what the number is for the flower vase image you used from Two for Tuesday? I would love to color and use this image for a special somebody. Thanks in advance, Tina in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I located the image on Digital Two for Tuesday in a post dated March 8, 2011. First I looked under floral and then back tracked it. This is a fun one to color :)

      Delete
  2. OH, I needed to see this -- still super cold, but not s-n-o-w-ing today. Also thanks a Ton for telling us about this website. I don't do many digital images, but this one is gorgeous -- or maybe it's just your coloring. nise

    ReplyDelete