2.26.2015

No Shadows For You

I recently realized that my stamping "career" has reached a milestone.  I bought my first rubber stamp in 1985 and it's sure been a long and wonderfully winding road since.  When House Mouse stamps first came out I was the owner of Impress Your Self.  I remember how people loved them and waited anxiously for each new addition to the series.  Sometime in the past few years I got rid of my collection of them.  I recently "re-bought" this one because it just "speaks" to me.  There were a few years in my life where it was very hard to have time to relax and just enjoy a quiet moment. Now most all of my moments are relaxed and I feel quite a bit like that little mouse just floating along in the sun.

I made a water puddle on the watercolor paper after I stamped the image in Archival Jet Black ink.  I then sprinkled some tiny bits of Brusho over the wet and daubed at it just a little with a paint brush to get it flowing around in the water.  It separates into pretty colors when left alone to air dry.  Each Brusho color is different and sometimes the color that appears is quite unexpected.  I got interrupted while doing this today before I could brush out the hard edge of the puddle with water but I think I like the look for something different.




card size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Stampendous- House Mouse Daisy Float,  My Favorite Things- Sunflower Girl set(words inside and outside)

Specialty Paper:   My Minds Eye- Stella Rose 6x6 collection

Color/Ink:   Distress Inks,  Brusho- Sea Green,  Archival Jet Black

Embellishment:   Recollections-Epoxy Dots Marine,  Cloud Nine Design Rain Dots-Multi Citrus

Dies:   MFT Stitched Stax Rectangles,  Taylored Expressions- Banner Stacklets & Skinny Mini Borders 2

3 comments:

  1. Your coloring is awesome. I never hear of Brusho so I've learned something new today....yeah! I suppose the colored dots are Brusho, too. I like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia thank you for your kind comment. Brusho is a powdered water color that is sold in little plastic jars. The colors are really intense. It looks like the consistency of ground pepper maybe. I just wet the paper and sprinkle just a few little bits on and it makes lots of color. The other dots on the card are colored clear epoxy stickers. Thank You again :)

      Delete