2.06.2015

Oh Bear...I Will Always Love You

I decided to get my husband's Valentine card done today... he is out of town... so I had no fear of him sneaking up on me while I'm working ;)  He has worn many hats in his life. He is retired and currently a silversmith full-time.  He went off to Tucson AZ for the big Mineral and Gem Show.  I can't wait to see what a treasure trove of stones he brings back.

In our family my husband is known as "Papa Bear".  Since that would make me Mama Bear I guess that could be me on the card front "inhaling" those lilacs because goodness knows Papa doesn't "stop and smell the flowers" enough.  I wanted to show the "scent" of the flowers through the use of watercolor and paint spatter.   





card size:   5 1/2"  x  5 1/2"

Stamps:   Stampendous- Lilac Bear (Gruffie),  Hero Arts- Anytime Messages,  Reverse Confetti- In A Big Way (inside phrase), Magenta- Lilac Branch (09-030-k)

Specialty Paper:   Basic Grey- Kioshi 6x6,  Kaisercraft- Violet Crush 6 1/2"

Color:   Distress Inks,  Archival Jet Black,  Glitter Spray- spattered

Embellishment:   Papertrey Ink- "bubbles" (large and small mixture)



No comments:

Post a Comment