2.23.2015

Thinking of Tulips

This lovely tulip by Power Poppy is a digital image. I have the polymer set with this image included but I love to try to create a bold main focus on my cards sometimes so resizing the digi is a great option.  Coloring this tulip was pretty scary and I was very intimidated.  I finally just tried to figure out light areas and dark areas.  I know I took creative license but finally was happy with the overall effect.  I have a very hard time leaving "white space" so I use a white colored pencil to lighten some parts that needed it. I can hardly wait until Spring comes... but until then I can create my own garden :)




card size: A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Penny Black-Heartfelt(inside words),  Avery Elle- Simply Said (outside words)

Specialty Paper:   My Minds Eye-Jubilee 6x6, various scrap pieces

Ink/Color:   Archival Jet Black, Copic Markers- R20,R21,R22,R24,G24,G43,B0000, Berol Prisma Color Pencils White & Chartreuse, Wink of Stella

Dies:   My Favorite Things- Stitched Stax Rectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment