2.04.2015

You Are My Heart

While I was growing up my mother owned a pet store.  Consequently I had some unusual pets to care for and/or keep depending on the circumstance.  "Peaches" was my favorite...an inquisitive, noisy and very loving...love bird.  I recently discovered that love bird courtships are quite a ritual and result in a life long relationship.  Valentine's day is the perfect time to celebrate these sweet little birds.

I created this card for a challenge at Splitcoast  Stampers.  The challenge is to put your words "down under" in honor of Groundhog Day.  I wanted to feature my words in a sun.  I had a few "boo-boo dead ends" along the way so this card kept evolving.  The white layers are popped up with foam tape so I could get my words properly down under ;)




card size:   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"     A2

Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Heart Squared,  WPlus9- Sweet Nothings (inside), A Day for Daisies- Birds (digi stamp)

Specialty Paper:   Taylored Expressions- Build A Scene,  BoBunny- Double Dots soft colors

Color/Ink:   Archival Jet Black, Copic Markers,  Berol Prisma Color Pencils

Dies:   Memory Box- Valencia Border, Resting Birds,  Sizzix (Tim Holtz)- Thinlits Labels,  Spellbinders- Nesting Circles,  Martha Stewart- Hearts punch

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurene thank you for the comment on my Art Deco card on splitcoast.

    you have made a beautiful card with those birds.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Karin. I have enjoyed looking at your wonderful cards...and look forward to more :)

      Delete