3.11.2015

After The Storm

As promised here is the second card using the "stamping with acrylic block" technique.  This was the first background that I made.  I neglected to pay attention to my mud making capability and I got some on this.  What made this one workable though was the MISTI tool.  Prior to stamping the Dina Kowal silhouette I was worried about getting even ink coverage on the textured watercolor paper.  I have had my MISTI(Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented)for a couple of weeks and have been looking at it quite often just hadn't broken the ice and tried it.  This special tool has been out for a bit but I had to think a long time about whether I really needed this or not.  Yes- I did and I do.  I used it to stamp this image.  The first stamping was not to my standard.  I re-stamped it easily because it was already lined up and voila!  At the end of the card photos are three photos of the process using a different stamp.  I purposefully did not ink the stamp properly to show how easy it is to fix.  I have a habit of making an uneven impression with small and/or long & skinny polymer stamps and this also fixes that problem. I used the MISTI for the words on this card as well. Love it!  It is available at My Sweet Petunia.  I received it very quickly so orders must be caught up.







card size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Impression Obsession- Puddle Jump by Dina Kowal,  MFT- Umbrella Stamps set (words)

Specialty Paper:   Fabriano Medioevalis 3.5" x 5" postcard  watercolor paper

Ink/Color:   Distress Mini Inkpads,  Archival Jet Black

Embellishment:   Swarovski Crystals

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is really beautiful! Great background. Your insides are almost as pretty as your outsides. nise
    p.s. I am waiting to read somewhere that the MISTI isn't wonderful. Not thinking it's going to happen and I may be jumping on the bandwagon one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Nise. The MISTI is saving me time re-stamping things. I am fussy...so it is a lifesaver and it also saves me on ruined paper. I figure I will be able to save enough on paper to pay for it. Lol that is called justification...but it works :)

    ReplyDelete