3.04.2015

Always On My Mind

I had to take some time out to sort and stow some new goodies that just arrived.  I then stamped some up and I have been coloring.  The card I made today is for a couple of challenges.  One of the challenges features "birds" and the other features the card sketch though mine is turned sideways.  I absolutely love these little fluffy birds and their matching dies.  They cut out the birdies perfectly with no excess edge.  I purposefully didn't color their feet.  We will call that design adaptation. It just worked better that way.  Their little eyes are also missing because they are white embossed(filled in).  I thought it would might look tacky to put something there to indicate eyes...but we will see.  I might change my mind.  I have teensy black Swarovski crystals.  My card colors came out so bright today.  I don't know why because this card is somewhat more subtle in real life...especially the green.

I am entering this card into Virginia's View Challenge: Embossing





card size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Heartfelt Creations-Birds and Blooms set,  Simon Says Stamp- Apothecary Labels(inside words),  Power Poppy- Azalea set(outside word phrase)

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  VersaMark Ink,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Dies:   Heartfelt Creations- Birds,  MFT- Fishtail Banner Stax &  Stitched Stax Circles,  Spellbinder Nesting Circles

2 comments:

  1. This truly is embossing/water coloring delight! Love your take on this challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete