3.07.2015

Breathe

I was experimenting with background techniques and while this one was actually a "failure" for what I was hoping to achieve- it works for this card.  First I had used white acrylic paint to paint a background stamp with a subtle design and stamped that onto matte coat card stock.  After the paint was dry I sponged Hero Arts pigment inks on it.  The colors were too subtle to bring out the pattern but I liked the colors so I left it.  I created this card for a challenge to use a tree(s) in a card.  I had hoped to make this into a sympathy card but I really don't pre-make sympathy cards. I thought it had a zen like feel to it and chose that as a theme.




card size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Power Poppy- Good Thinking: Renewal set

Specialty Paper:   Creative Imaginations Art Warehouse Neutrals

Color/Ink:   Hero Arts- Hero Hues Pigment Inks-Pastel Mint, Pastel Yellow, Pastel Pink and Pastel Blue

Dies:   Memory Box Grand Oak Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment