3.01.2015

Brewing Up A Birthday

I am really grateful this week for all of the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers because I was inspired to create and get out of my slump.  If you ever need some inspiration just cruise through the gallery at Split Coast or join a challenge.  I was inspired yesterday by Debby Hughes beautiful pastel watercolor of succulents.  Please visit her blog and show her some love because that girl has *real mojo* let me tell you. Debby also has a video on her blog featuring the creative process for the gorgeous card.

The challenge that my card is for is aptly "Inspiration" and involves choosing inspiration from a Pinterest board about tea. I also wanted to try "Mr Tim's" new ink colors which are featured prominently on this card.  Cracked Pistachio and Abandoned Coral...I love these colors!... can't wait to see what color comes next.

I am entering this card in the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.




card size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Stampendous Teacup Cupcake,  Reverse Confetti- Be A Barista(inside words)

Specialty Paper:   Amy Tangerine- Stitched 6x6

Color/Ink:   Distress Markers- Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Bundled Sage, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo,  Archival Jet Black ink

Embellishment:   Prima Flowers- Fairytale Roses, Mini Yellow Roses, Hand cut netting for leaves

Die:   Taylored Expressions- Hello (this was a free gift with an order...awesome!)

44 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolors! It really feels like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love these colors, too - have the markers and anxiously awaiting the next color! Again, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! This is so beautiful!! I love the stamp and the way that you colored it, just gorgeous!! I think I have to add those two new TH inks and distress pens to my Wish List!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, a sweet breath of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty card! LOVE it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful teacup cupcake! Love this!
    Thanks for joining in the fun♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your watercolouring and the new inks are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what stunning colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. LoVe your colors. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning watercoloring and great image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing card both inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe of your coloring. Stunning card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO very pretty! Love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! LOVE the colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is beautiful! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous! There is definitely a wonderful Springtime vibe in this sweet card. Beautiful! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I love your fabulous colouring! Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Laurene, love the new inks...fabulous color! Have a great day and happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful colors, great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning! Gorgeous card and beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, the card is absolutely gorgeous inside & out, and THAT'S the new coral?!? Oh me oh my... <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful watercoloring with the Distress Inks on your card!!! Gorgeous image!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous beyond words! I saw this on the pinterest sight before I got to you in the hop and I literally almost swooned! If I owned this I would frame it and hang it in my kitchen! Wanna sell it to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email with your address. I would be happy to send it to you.

      Delete
  25. ps- love your style! Wish you had a follow button. I'll sign up via email but am never successful at looking at my inbox- too many emails! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Tim's new colors and wow what you've done with them..just GORGEOUS!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful colors and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. woooww awesome coloring
    and you have a great coffee cup stamp
    Luv this

    My card is #387 on the HOP and I have a little GIVEAWAY if you maybe like :)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  29. Te ha quedado genial, esta hecho con acuarelas?? es una ilustracion preciosa!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Love your spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautifully coloured- gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete