3.02.2015

Happiness is a Home

My granddaughter just moved into her own place and I wanted to cry let her know how happy I am for her.  She's renting a tall & skinny townhouse so I thought of these whimsical Stampotique images right away.  Wouldn't it be fun to live in a neighborhood this colorful?  I'll get her a gift card for Pier One to stick inside.  I only have one grandchild out of three that's still in the nest...he will be off and flying in a couple of years.  Where does the time go?

I cut the scene into a circle after water coloring it.  I used the negative portion of the scene that was left to create an inside piece.




 card size:   5" x 5" square

Stamps:   Stampotique- Village by France Papillon,  Hero Arts- Just Find Me set(inside)

Specialty Paper:   Amy Tangerine-Stitched

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder,  Versamark Ink

Embellishment:  Tim Holtz- Big Chat Word Stickers

Dies:   Memory Box- Curling Cloud (outside),  Taylored Expressions- Swirly Clouds (inside)
Spellbinder- Nested Circles


1 comment:

  1. Saw this on SCS and had to come over. Truly a beauty. Love how you did the inside too. I'm a sucker for houses. Love how you cut it into a circle, and like you I love the cloud die. I'm going to scout around for one.

    ReplyDelete