3.21.2015

The Joy of Spring

Today I went a little mixed media style to create a challenge card.  I'm not really comfortable with mixed media because it involves a certain amount of imperfection...like it needs imperfection and/or "forgiveness" of imperfection to evolve properly.  I am a perfectionist and if truth be told I am never totally happy with my work.  It is what drives me to improve...I am never "there".  I enjoy picking apart my own cards.  My daughter thinks it's hilarious.  Every time she sees a card that I've made she asks me what I disapprove of on this one :)  Every card I make is an opportunity for me to learn.




card size:   5" x 5"  square

Stamps:   Penny Black-Pretty Petals,  Taylored Expressions- Big Bold Easter(inside),  Impression Obsession-The Joys of Spring,  Stampotique- Word Fragment

Specialty Paper:   Prima- Fairy Rhymes A4

Ink/Color:   Paper Artsy Fresco Acrylic Paints- Rose, Very Berry, Cheesecake, Chalk, Little Black Dress,  Golden Fluid Acrylics- Iridescent Bright Gold, Golden- Regular Gel Matte, Distress Ink-Pumice Stone, Archival Jet Black, Color Box- Surfacez Black, Faber Castell- Pitt Pen Black

Embellishment:   The Crafters Workshop- stencil,  Wendy Vecchi- Metallic Gold Embossing Paste,  Art Square 4",  Tim Holtz Big Chat word stickers

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one!! It is definitely a happy day for me. Gold is so pretty on this. Wonderful sentiments, too. Oh and I don't like peeps, so your hubby can have my share ��. nise

    ReplyDelete