3.10.2015

You Can

I love a good card making challenge.  The challenge that inspired this card is a quick watercolor technique.  I used a clear 3" x 4" acrylic stamping block as my starter palette.  Using mini Distress ink pads I randomly smooshed them on the block. I then spritzed the block with water until the color beaded up.  I spritzed my watercolor paper lightly with water as well. Then I "stamped" the watercolor paper with the inked up block.  I held the block onto the absorbent card stock for a minute or so and then lifted straight off so that the excess water would pool in the center and quickly daubed up the excess muddled ink from the watercolor paper. I waited until the watercolor dried and then flicked water onto the inks and daubed the drops off. I actually made two cards using this technique and similar colors  so tomorrow I will have another.  I also used my MISTI for the first time and I will relate my experience with that new stamping tool.




card size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Chocolate Baroque- Fluttering Hearts set,  Mama Elephant- True Friend set

Specialty Paper:   Fabriano Medioevalis 3.5" x 5" water color paper,  Authentique- Classique Beauty 6x6

Ink/Color:   Golden Acrylics Iridescent Bright Gold (fine),  Distress Mini Inkpads- Abandoned Coral,  Spiced Marmalade,  Wild Honey,  Broken China and Peeled Paint,  Berol Prisma Color Pencil White,  Posca White paint pen

1 comment:

  1. Really cool! Thanks for the details about how you created this pretty background. nise

    ReplyDelete