3.12.2015

You Made My Day

I've seen so many beautiful watercolor cards using water color pencils.  I made an attempt at using the pencils as a pencil when adding color but that failed miserably.  This is my second attempt using wet brush to pencil tip.  Some colors worked fine but some seemed to have the pigment suspended in the water and when it dried it looked a bit weird.  I will need to practice some more on different types of paper I think.  Anyway the star of my stamping today is definitely the Catherine Scanlon stamp line which is being manufactured through Stampers Anonymous.  I bought mine at Ellen Hutson but it looks like she is waiting for re-stocking of a few designs at the moment.  All of the stamps have lots of open space to add color which I love...and many of them are big...another favorite quality I love.  I made this card with the sample that I showed yesterday for the MISTI tool. 




card size:   A7   5" x 7"

Stamps:   Stampers Anonymous Catherine Scanlon Designs-Greens,  Hero Arts- Thanks Stamp & Cut

Specialty Paper:   Authentic-"Scribe" 12 x 12,  Lawn Fawn- Lets Polka Dot Mon Amie

Ink/Color:   Derwent Inktense Water Color Pencils,  Archival Jet Black

Embellishment:   My Minds Eye Record It "Just Splendid" wood dots

3 comments:

  1. Your coloring looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolour. Don't be so hard on yourself. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete