4.18.2015

Comfort

I made a batch of these easy backgrounds using Distress Inks and Saran Wrap.  I first saw this technique on Youtube as demonstrated by Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamp.  She is a joy to watch.  I have learned lots of techniques through her easy to follow videos. The Youtube channel is called claritystamp.  Her blog is listed to the left in my blog roll. 

This is quite an easy background technique.  You would need a coated card stock either matte or glossy.  I used a matte coat for this sample.  You use a coated card stock so that the inks will sit on the surface long enough to create the texture.  An absorbent card stock does not allow for that to happen as well.  All glossy card stock is "coated".  The matte coat card stock is the same as Ranger Specialty Stamping card stock.

You simply select your water soluble inks...I used Distress Ink Pads or Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Ink Pads.  I pre-cut card stock to card size as my base.  Use your brayer to roll your choice of ink colors onto the card stock. You can create additional interest by leaving white or lighter areas on the piece.  Tear a piece of Saran Wrap sized larger than your brayered piece.  Liberally spray the Saran Wrap with water.  Lay the wet side down onto the brayered card piece and scrunch the plastic wrap plus smoosh as desired to create texture.  Just leave to air dry.  It's a quick process.  Maybe 15 minutes to dry each piece at most.  I usually do this technique assembly line style and create a lot of backgrounds in no time at all.  I think this self-explanatory but I would be happy to do a step out on this technique if anyone asks :)




card size:   A2    5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Impression Obsession- Sympathy Sentiments

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink- Seedless Preserves,  Archival Jet Black

Die:   Memory Box Blushing Bouquet

Embellishment:   Swarovski Crystals

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have the equipment to do this one and it looks SO cool! THANKS for telling how you did it and where you learned it from. I will need to have a bit of time available before I got traipsing off to view Clarity Stamp videos, though. Really love your card, but not the reason for it. nise

    ReplyDelete