4.09.2015

Dripping With Courage

I've sort of been in the doldrums the last few days.  It rained all day today which for some reason re-energized me.  I worked with the Peerless watercolors.  I really need to paint a palette of the colors you actually get when you use them. Sometimes I am surprised by the intensity and/or the actual tone of a color.  I decided to make a wet on wet background and allow the poppy colors to bleed down.  I used a thirsty brush to remove some of the excess water but for the most part I just went with the "flow".  After everything was dry I added some more color to the poppies. 




card size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Blooming Garden,  Impression Obsession-Kind Words(outside),  Verve- Words of Wisdom(inside)

Specialty Paper:   Graphic45- Artisan Style Patterns & Solids 6x6

Ink/Color:   Archival Jet Black,  Peerless Watercolors

Dies:   Spellbinder- Nested Ovals

1 comment:

  1. This card should have cheered you up some. It sure is pretty! Your watercoloring is really nice, especially the bleeding effect. Hoping that some good stuff comes your way. I always get "good stuff" when I stop by here. nise

    ReplyDelete