4.02.2015

Happy Easter Vi

I made this Easter card for my friend Vi.  I used a different coloring technique ...one which many people have already doing for years...but new for me.  I used the Distress markers by coloring directly on the image (just in the shading areas) and then pulled color out with a water brush. This was a very easy and effective way to watercolor.  I recently bought some Winsor Newton water color markers to do the same thing and I have to say that as of now the Distress markers are much more workable.  Perhaps the learning curve is longer for the "artist grade" markers or it's operator error- but I have to say I am impressed as always with the qualities of the Distress Ink product line as a color tool.





card size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Me & My Bunny(Mo Manning),  Taylored Expressions- Big Bold Easter

Specialty Paper:   Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe- Lights,Brights & Bolds 6x6

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink Markers,  Copic Marker (polka dots),  Berol Prisma Colored Pencils White & Brown

Dies:   Lil Inker-Stitched Layers,  Cheery Lynn- Carnivale Border,  Memory Box- Tiny Bow,  Poppy Stamps- Bunny Buddies & Fuzzy Buddies,  Spellbinder Nested Circle & Circle Scallop

4 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Love your coloring. I have just started using a water brush with my distress ink pads and have been very pleased with how that works, especially when I travel to "play" with friends and I have less to lug. Happy Easter! nise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurene,
    Did you own a store, or do you? You seem to have every art supply that exists! Tell me your secret!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I did own a store from 1995-2001 :) Primarily though I have a lot of "stuff" because it's been a 30+ year "addiction". I never get tired of stamping and making cards. I love to try new color options and I equally love paper.

      Delete